Friday, May 1, 2009

Lets change the debate in Clark County

I think we need more diverse ideas and candidates here, and one way to do this is making Clark County a home rule county. This will allow citizens to put initiatives on the ballot, for expanding the number of commissioners, among other things. Think this would help revitalize citizen participation. My main focus has been creating a local, sustainable, equitable economy that works to the benefit of all citizens, those here today as well as the future. My granddaughter Delilah Rose is 3 years old, and I just keep asking myself, what will the world look like when she is my age?

We need to hear the ideas and voices of all of us here in order to have a county that works for all of us, not just those with more money, political connections, or a newspaper column.

Here's to all of our grandchildren, and their grandchildren
Let's make the world a better place

No comments: