Saturday, February 9, 2008

Caucus was Amazing!

I just got finished with caucus in Camas. There were at least 500 people there! The place was packed! The impassioned speeches from my neighbors in support of Barack Obama (my candidate of choice) were sincere and from the heart, and many told me they had not felt this much emotion since Kennedy was President. In fact one guy said he was a lifelong Republican, and he is voting for Obama, because we need a real change of direction in America! I helped craft a resolution to change the voting to 50/50 Primary/Caucus, so every vote really counts. As a very liberal Democrat, I really resonate with Obama's message of bringing all of us together, and doing whats right. Our precinct went 6/2/2 Obama/Clinton/undecided, by the way. I LOVE the democratic process! Talk to you soon...

No comments: