Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Three Keys to my Campaign

There are three key values that are the core to my public life: Accountability, Integrity, and Fairness. This is how I define them:
Accountability means public institutions are open and have to listen (and respond) to the public, unlike private organizations. This is one reason I support public schools more than charter schools. Also why I trust the government more than private corporations.

Integrity means tell the truth about policies, practices, and my beliefs. It also means being true to myself as well as all stakeholders.

Fairness means having a truly level playing field for all people, and also considering the impact of our actions on future generations and the rest of Creation. for example, I strongly oppose giving tax giveaways to corporations to induce (seduce) them into moving from one state/region to another. governments always give up more than they gain, however measured. This gives some companies an unfair advantage at the expense (usually) of local, family-owned businesses.

No comments: